PROCTOLOGY AND RECTAL PROBLEMS
WHAT IS PROCTOLOGY?
Proctology is also known as colorectal – It is a medicine field which deals with the diseases related to the colon, rectum and anus.
Why you need to visit a proctologist and for what type of symptoms?
Patients may need to see a proctologist to treat a complex lower digestive tract disease or when surgery is needed to treat.
- When you feel or see any external anal lump.
- If any discharge from anus.
- If you find any swelling on your buttocks which is red and painful which may be like a pus formation?
- Any rectal bleeding or rectal pain.
- Any change in your bowl movement or size
- If have had polyps in the past and need a follow up colonoscopy.
- If you have a family history of colon polyps or colorectal cancer and you want to get check-up the genetic disorder.
- Any Sensation of tissue slipping out of the anus.
What Procedures are performed in proctology?
Colonoscopy: A Colonoscopy is the most accurate test for cancers of the colon and rectum.
Proctoscopy: A proctoscope is inserted into the rectum which allows an unobstructed view of the interior of the rectal cavity. This is used to find out the rectal polyps or hemorrihoids. This is a slightly uncomfortable procedure as the proctoscope is inserted into the rectum.
Sigmoidoscopy: Colonoscopy helps doctors examine the entire colon. But sometimes only the sigmoid colon needs a close inspection. That’s when a doctor will recommend a sigmoidoscopy. (the last part of the colon where your stool is formed. It’s connected to your anus by your rectum.)
It is called as flexible sigmoidoscopy, as this procedure lets your doctor look inside your sigmoid colon by using a flexible tube with a light on it. It helps your doctor check for:
- abnormal cells
Typically, pieces of tissue will be taken as samples to examine for any abnormal cell changes.
Defecating proctography: A defecography is a test in which a continual series of X-rays are taken during a bowel movement to identify any structural or functional problems in the anus, rectum or pelvic floor.Defecography is also performed using a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine instead of an X-ray to avoid radiation. This procedure takes 15-30mins.
Benefits patients get at Laser Piles India: Laser piles India is the best Piles Clinic specialized for anorectal diseases. In our hospital laser technology is used to treat Piles, Fissures, Fistula, Pilonidal sinus and Rectal Prolapse. Our proctology experts are highly qualified professionals with wide experience. We use the advanced laser surgery equipment to diagnose, investigate and treat all the anorectal diseases like Piles, Fistula, Fissure etc.
Keeping in mind the current diseases and the patient requirements our best quality treatment and costs for the treatments makes us the best clinic for colon related problems.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits
- Should reduce intake for meat and processed food
- Control obesity
- Should have calcium and vitamin D correctly